Posted by: Melinda Keenan Wood on Thu, Aug 5, 2010
Welcome to PACC's Book Group's Blog. We have begun reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. We have gathered once and immediately decided to postpone our discussion as not everyone had finished the book--and we wanted more to join in the discussion. Therefore, we encourage you to start reading or refresh your memory if you already have, then join us Monday, September 13th at 6pm (location TBD) to explore our engagement with the author.
To wet your appetite, let me offer a few questions that came up in our initial discussion.
- How did you feel about the author and her quest? Was it believable?
- How did you respond to the emotional and physical upheaval of her life? The decision to end her marriage?
- In what ways might you identify with her pain, whether it is marriage related or not? Have you ever faced a similar traumatic decision that changed the course of your journey?
- How did the author's navigation through her turmoil inform your own?
- How do your react to the author's quest for pleasure, prayer and balance? Would that be your search? If not how would you categorize your own quest for peace and harmony?
Let these questions get you to open the book and begin reading. Look at the blog periodically for more thoughts to stimulate your thinking. Happy reading!
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.