Posted by: Melinda Keenan Wood on Tue, Aug 10, 2010
We join the author as she makes her home for the next four months in Italy. Some of the ruminations of my brain were the following:
- How did you react/respond to the author's first conversation with God?
- How did you react to the author's reflection on her journey out of marriage?
- What thoughts, emotions came forth as she entered into a new relationship with David? Did you experience it as a rebound relationship that she was not equipped to enter? Why or why not?
- How did you experience the author's needs within this new relationship?
- Reflect on her writing gig to Indonesia. What thoughts did you have about her engagement with Ketut Liyer? What question would you have sought an answer to?
- Do you seek a lasting experience with God? To whom do you turn? Have you been surprised by who offers you discovery or insight?
- What distracts you from connecting with God?
- What are your conversations with God like?
- When the author was invited to come back to Bali and live with the medicine man, would you have responded as literally and directly as she did?
- As she shaped her year's journey, choosing Italy, India, and Indonesia to explore pleasure, prayer and balance, how would you have chosen your three countries based on what you were seeking in your life?
- How did you experience the author's time in Italy? Would you have gone without a plan with goals and objectives laid forth?
- I'm curious how you experienced the author's prayer with Iva--who would you have invoked and for what?
- Compared to the author, (immersing yourself in another culture, learning a language fluently, eating) how would you define pleasure?
You must first create an account to post.